- Thank goodness this is not my space to confess book acquisitions as I have gotten a few books earlier this month from my step-mother and also from a WNBA book swap. It's only about purchases! When money leave my wallet. Those are the sins. This is more about budgeting than about book reduction (that's just a bonus.) But I am managing this month to have my acquisitions not increase my TBR list!
- Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything by Joshua Foer
- The Whistling Season by Ivan Doig
Moonwalking I got for my boyfriend as a gift. Whistling was for my book club. Both from my local indie bookstore that special-ordered them for me. I'm sure they had plenty of Moonwalking on order for the store, but I wanted to be sure one went on hold for me when they arrived! I have already read Whistling, and BF is about halfway through Moonwalking.
- Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year by Anne Lamott
- Spousonomics: Using Economics to Master Love, Marriage, and Dirty Dishes by Paula Szuchman and Jenny Anderson
I met the BF at B&N and he needed another hour to look through all the books on blackjack he'd picked up, to decide on one. This book I'd heard about quite a bit on NPR so I figured I'd give it a good look to be sure before I bought it. I read the first chapter in the store, and was sold. Wish I'd managed to hold off on a hardcover, but again, I read it right away.
- The Bucolic Plague by Josh Kilmer-Purcell
Overall March stats:
5 total purchases
1 was a gift
2 hardcovers/3 paperbacks
1 used/4 new