Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Day in the Life

Trish at Love, Laughter, and Insanity created this event for bloggers to share what a day in their lives is like, and it looked like fun so I thought I'd join in, too. This was my day, Tuesday March 31:

7:30 a.m. Wake up. I normally get up between 8:00 and 8:30 so I'm a little grumpy. But I have an early appointment, so it must be done. This is also when my husband leaves for work so he makes sure I'm up. I lie in bed and read emails and look at Facebook until my cat Turkey jumps on my chest for petting. (He's only interested in petting early in the morning and late at night.) Get up, get dressed (try three different outfits), brush hair, put on makeup. Go downstairs, eat breakfast, start dishwasher, and return upstairs to brush teeth.

8:45 Drive to Starbucks. Order Earl Grey tea.

9:00 Meet with a client. Discuss outstanding issues, make decisions, talk about what books we're currently reading.

9:25 Drive home. Meeting was surprisingly efficient. I wouldn't have minded staying longer and chatting, but this means I can get more work done!

9:40 Start work. Check emails. Check Goodreads. Start writing this blog post. Send 11 emails, read several enewsletters, write 3 Facebook posts for my business page.

11:30 Edit a manuscript. This one is on hardcopy, which is unusual these days, so I was able to step away from the computer and sit on the couch. Yes, I do still need to occasionally look things up in the dictionary or on Wikipedia, but my phone is fine for that.

12:45 Eat lunch--Greek yogurt, giant pretzels, trail mix.

1:15 Go for a walk. My right calf is really tight from PT yesterday but I'm hoping it'll loosen up while I walk and listen to podcasts.

3:45 Walked 8.5 miles. Couldn't go very fast because of my calf but it's gorgeous out! Now back to email, Facebook, Mint (did some expense reconciliation), FitBit, podcast syncing.

6:20 Edit a manuscript. Started the editorial letter. The beginning of editing is always slow as that's when I'm pointing out a lot of detailed issues that don't need to be pointed out throughout. I do hope I can speed up though or this will take forever.

7:00 Dinner. Made myself spaghetti. Husband made his own thing that I wasn't interested in.

7:30 Got mail, took trash to curb, let the kitties outside for fresh air (we only let them out supervised. Turkey tends to get himself in trouble).

8:00 Watched half of Dancing With the Stars and worked out (I feel inspired by the professionals' bodies and by seeing some of the celebs lose weight over the season. Have you seen Rumer Willis's abs?)

9:00 Husband came back from his walk and we switched to Emperor of All Maladies which is great.

10:00 Went to bed, read.

12:00 Lights out.


Kay said...

Wow! 8.5 miles. Quite a walk. Have not watched DWTS this season. I kind of come and go from it. Enjoyed your day!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

8.5 miles is a really impressive walk!! Sounds like you had a really productive day and I totally understand the pleasure of getting away from the computer and working with regular paper. Sometimes staring at the screen all day can be so exhausting. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

I love Dancing with the Stars. Seeing people learn so much over the season is inspiring... and I love the costumes :)